Saturday, January 30, 2010

I've been thinkin....

Photographer's note: Tucker ALWAYS has his ankles crossed- it's his signature move.
So everywhere I look I see this "life is good" emblem. This week was a tough week. Nothing major, we just seemed to have bad news after bad news and bad moods and miscommunication. And I thought about how we are living in the shadowlands and only see through a mirror dimly. We aren't experiencing the perfectly "good" world that God created in Eden. We are living in a fallen world with troubles left and right. And I wonder how people like my sister-in-law, who are living a parent's worst nightmare, feel when they see the "life is good" stamped on tire covers, t-shirts and overpriced mouse pads. The truth is life is tough- it's marching through sand- and the rain falls on the good and the bad just alike. GOD is good. And HE can make life good too and give us Divine peace, but LIFE is tough- just wanted you to know that- and know that I know that- in case I ever seem like I have it all together and have no worries- it's not true. We are all of us on a journey with mountaintops and valleys.
P.S. I'm posting this b/c I've been told by more than one person that it seems I have it all together- I'm not sad or anything- in fact, I would probably say I'm in a "mountaintop" time of life right now, but that's not to say that there aren't troubles in my world just like yours. :)

6 comments:

The McNeills said...

Sounds like you're homesick... for our real home. You're right, we were not created for this. But God will still be glorified. Hang in there, Donna.

BB said...

Peggy Noonan wrote in "You'd Cry Too if it Happened to You": We are the first generation of man that actually expected to find happiness here on earth, and our search for it has caused such...unhappiness. The reason: If you do not believe in another, higher world, if you believe only in the flat material world around you, if you believe that this is your only chance at happiness...if that is what you believe, then you are not disappointed when the world does not give you a good measure of its riches...you are despairing".
This world that we are passing through, while it offers so much love and hope to sustain us, is just a finger snap in the realm of eternity. Bye and bye, Lord, bye and bye!
Love you! BB

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

We had a youth retreat a few years ago that's whole theme was God is Good with the Life is Good logo. I'll find you a shirt and send it to you. They're neon yellow; it's a doozy.
All true things; Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

So needed to hear this today!! Thanks for sharing!

The Dettling's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

meant to tell you a while ago.. thanks for this post. so, so, so true. so thankful that God is good even when life is not.