Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grace to notice...

This week has been so wonderful and I should have taken tons of pictures and videos and posted about it so I wouldn't forget all the little blessings God has given me the grace to notice. Little blessings like celebrating with precious friends for my Godson's first birthday. The blessing of realizing that yes, my house could accomodate 15 people in the den for our couple's Bible study. The blessing of having a dear priest friend (who is younger than me!) bless every room in our home with Holy Water and dedicate our home to God.

The blessing of having my kids finally be able to ride bikes and scooters outside everyday for HOURS (we couldn't do that in our old home). The blessing of waking up to find the kids already on the porch sitting in the rocking chairs with bird field guides watching our bird feeder. Marky even made a chart of the different types of birds and put checks under them- totally on his own. The blessing of doing homeschool on the porch with me doing reading with Julia in the swing, Marky in the yellow desk doing math, and Tucker on the water table.

The blessing of peeking in the playroom to see Julia and all her dolls seated in chairs around the wooden table while Marky, the "waiter", served them a tea party. The blessing of picnic in the park today on a total whim. The blessing of Julia falling in love with Benjamin Bunny and all the Beatrix Potter characters. The blessing of Tucker and his sweet cuddly self. The blessing of my hardworking hubby who comes home and keeps going 90 to nothing to help me. I don't know if things are more precious around here than usual or if I've just slowed down enough to take notice. Either way, I'm so grateful and wish I'd taken pictures. Now we get ready for my inlaws to come this weekend. And that's my week!

3 comments:

El Comodoro said...

Right. Trying to chronicle every blessing in our lives reminds me of John 21:25: "If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

I've also been thinking quite a lot about doing a house blessing. Thoughts?

sagefats said...

You're raising Birders? I am impressed. The hardest part will be distinguishing all of the Vireos and Warblers. I recommend all-sunflower seeds in the feeders, as opposed to the mixes. It'll cut down on Mourning Doves, Mockers and Cardinals, for some reason. Keep yer field guides handy, it's gonna be a good year for birds...

The McNeills said...

What a blessing. How beautiful that God has allowed your heart to be turned towards home so that you can see all these wonderful gifts. Thanks for the encouragement!