So it's Tuesday night and I feel like blogging, but don't have anything to blog about. So I decided to look around the house and see what's new to talk about (which is almost every room, but no time for all that). BUT....I did want to show you the desk my mom and dad brought up the weeeknd of the move. It was my desk as a child. My grandmother (who was just here) painted this for me one Christmas, I think I was two. We had it in my room all growing up- my room was yellow and this went right along with it. She put the alphabet on the top of the desk. It's so sweet.

My kids love it and we put it in the corner of our kitchen. Now it's served as an art desk, Marky's math desk (everyday he does math HERE...nowhere else), and today it was Julia's time-out chair. I thought about painting over it, but of course I'm too sentimental to do that.

Also- another favorite new thing is our formal living room and dining room curtains. I had to find extra-long curtains b/c our ceilings are 10 feet and I stumbled accross these plaid duponi silk type curtains with lining. I really like them and they were so reasonably priced compared to what I was looking at for custom or even pottery barn. Yay! I was going to walk around the house some more for more favorite things, but the battery on the camera died, and when I charged it up enough to download the pics I saw a bunch of pictures of the computer screen and Julia's pajama pants. That girl is drawn to a camera like a moth to a flame.
5 comments:
i love the curtains and that sweet old desk. i hear ya about the girls and the cameras. thankfully now that i have a real camera ella has taken a liking to my camera phone. its a compromise, not a bribe. sure it is.
where'd you get your curtains? i'm on the lookout for some too!
The curtains are perfect...that is exactly what I had pictured in there!! Glad you found some and at a good price!!
Next post: I want to see pix of the new house! I love the curtains as well...absolutely beautiful!
Great post. I love the desk. Please don't paint over it! Strawberry Shortcake is so cute, too. I think it is way too special to paint over. Your kids will be happy one day when that desk sits in their house for their children.
Post a Comment