Heard this morning:
Mommy: Let's go upstairs and get dressed.
child: Why? Where are we going?
Child: Mommy, what are you doing?
Mommy: Cleaning this messy house.
Child: Oh, are people coming over?
After explaining to my children that we dress every day even if we aren't going anywhere, and that we clean our house even if its just us, I had to ask myself, why don't they know this already? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Ha! I get such questions all the time! I also get asked where I'm going if I take a shower. Is that bad? :)
You are definitely not alone! I have had these same conversations many times with Genna.
Yep- mine too. Aren't kids great!
Love it! I'm sure mine will be saying the same things! :) Growing up, we'd always just say, "because Mama closes the clinic in 15 minutes...that's why! Now hurry up!!!"
Post a Comment