What in the world are these pictures doing? They are all crazy. Anyway, this week was my birthday. Whohoo! And we always celebrate it in a long, drawn-out fashion, i.e...this is my birthday week. :) Monday-Wednesday Marky went to a nighttime flag football clinic. It was so sweet- I wasn't sure I wanted him to ever play football (I was scared of permanent damage to his body), but seeing him out there throwing and running got me all sentimental Americana style and I loved it. He LOVES it and will be playing flag football in the fall. Friday I took the kids to the zoo and got them arm bands so they could do unlimited train and carousel rides and unlimited time in the foam zone- Julia's favorite place ever.We had the best time at the zoo- I just adore these kids. They are my delight.

My birthday present from my parents and hubby were THREE beautiful ceiling fans being installed on my side porch. There used to be only one rusty one so we replaced it and had an electrician make new spots for two new fans and then Marc stayed up late Thursday night installing them in the dark. What a guy! But now we can go out there and be so cool- it's like another room now.

My law school
roomate Holly came by last night with her husband Jeff. She is expecting her first child and it was so much fun to hang out. We laugh so much when we are together, and we always end up talking about law school. You know, law school was a blast- really, lots and lots of fun. And wearing suits and working at firms was sort of exciting. But for me, there is just no comparison to the fulfillment I get being home with these babies. I don't miss my old life at all.
I really think that's all a gift from God- he changed the desires of my heart. So on Thursday, my actual birthday, I spent the day running to the gym, playing play dough, teaching reading and math, playing a round of battleship with my oldest, and doing two loads of laundry and cleaning my sink with ajax. And yet, I was happy and fulfilled because I was fully invested in my vocation.
So now I celebrate Independence Day grateful I am free to serve my family. 




1 comment:
What sweet and precious pictures! Who wouldn't love those kiddos?! And happy birthday! I hope you got my message!!
Ceiling fans are an AWESOME gift!! Jason just installed a new one in our room tonight (our other one bit the dust- literally, it might have died from the dust accumulation!) and I'm so excited about it! Love you! Happy Birthday week!
Post a Comment