

I do think the kids brought a nice distraction for my grandparents. Tucker did a lot of dancing and performing- anything to delight the crowd. The kids were sad to leave today (we were there less than 24 hours!), but we needed to head back and I knew that we were wearing my grandparents out. They need to be resting, not hosting. I was sad to see Memaw not herself and I couldn't sleep at all last night. So, I got on the internet, and while thinking of where we could stop on the way home to spend the night, decided we should go through the Smokey Mtns. and come to Pigeon Forge. So we loaded up this morning and took a leisurely drive through the snow-covered mtns. of Virginia to make our way to Tennessee. Tucker did the best he's ever done on a road trip and was very laid back the entire time.






We got here to Pigeon Forge around supper time and went straight to Dollywood. Oh how I love this place- it's SO MUCH FUN! We ate dinner, rode the carousel, watched and parade and a Christmas show. (Tucker was able to sit still during the show by consuming his body weight in popcorn and intermittently yelling "PAH-CORN!") We went ahead and bought 2011 season passes so we can come again. Tucker was tired of sitting so he walked most of the time. :) We are staying at a neat hotel with two bedrooms so the kids are in one and Marc and I are in the other. So we can stay up later (unlike our hotel visit on the way up where Marc, Tucker and I were all in one bed and Tucker giggled and flipped and flopped for hours!) Tomorrow morning we have tickets to the Dixie Stampede- I don't know who's more excited the kids or us. I'm telling you guys- Pigeon Forge is the place to go with families- they understand entertainment for kiddies. I'm so glad we came her on a total whim- we never plan "real" vacations- they always just kind of happen while we are visiting family. Alright- off to bed- hope you are well!




6 comments:
Sounds like fun! Let us know the next time you are in Virginia for a little longer... we are here! I think our families would have alot of fun together!
Awwww. I love the pix of Memaw and PawPaw with the kids, and seeing all the fun you are having.
Drive safely, love you lots!
If ya'll are in my state and don't come see me, I'll be oh so offended! It's supposed to snow here tonight!
juliabug's face in those pictures is priceless. love it.
you forgot to mention on the phone about your grandmother's stroke! i am sorry i did not know that. it looks like it did turn into a fun trip. julia sure thought so!
Donna,
I sure hope your Memaw recovers quickly! Glad you guys had a fun family trip! We've never been to Dollywood. Looks like fun! Lori
Post a Comment