Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Holiday Fun

Well, I never finished blogging about the Tennessee trip. Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Dixie Stampede. What a fun time! Their Christmas show is AMAZING- they had toys come to life and Mary and Joseph came down in a scene from the sky with a beautiful flying angel that had a real dove fly into her hands. Then the three wise men came in on camels and they sang the most beautiful carols- REAL Christian Christmas carols. Not to mention their usual barrel racing, trick horse riding, log rolling, dancing horses, etc. that they always have. Julia is in a BIG horse phase right now and was beside herself- right when we walked up we could talk to the horses and I had to keep telling Julia not to climb under the rope to get to the horse.
Inside there is a funny banjo playing preshow that was so much fun- Tucker danced like crazy- I wish I had a picture of it. People were laughing at him and Sissy doing their dances.

We all got fun drinks in "boot" cups.






























We stayed afterwards so we could talk to the riders and pet the horses. Then on another whim, we decided to go back to Dollywood and spend the afternoon. The kids rode a ton of kiddie rides and Tucker loved the bee ride and ran to it saying "buzz buzz buzz buzz"- he rode it three times. We also saw craftsman- including...a blacksmith. I think Marky's blacksmith phase is passing, but he did ask the guy a lot of questions. Then on Sunday it was time for the posada. It was FREEZING so I stayed home with Tuckerman and Marc and the kids went. They had a blast and were so excited to use their lanterns. If you have any negative preconceived notions of a nun, the sisters at this convent will blow them out of the water. They are young, excited, on-fire for God and so generous and loving with the children. I hear that Julia spilled three drinks while she was there and they were so sweet to her. She apparently lingered near the cookie tables most of the night (her mother's daughter). :)

And this week has been a whirlwind. I wrapped and shipped a ton of presents to Florida and Virginia and have wrapped a ton of presents to stay here. We are having a GIANT Christmas party on Saturday and I've worn myself out getting the house ready and cooking- but this house just seems made for a Christmas party- it's the first thing I thought when we saw it. Hope your week is going well!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I bet the house looks wonderful!!! Wish we could have come. Hope you have a great night friend!!!