I made Marky's usual road map to Easter- and he has his little black caterpillar making his way in the dessert- on Easter Sunday he will be a radiant butterfly! Sundays are gold b/c they aren't part of Lent and the fish mean days that we abstain from meat (although I used to see the word "abstain" on Catholic calendars when I was Protestant and think- wow they are really in their people's business- ha!).
"Little Bit" got her lamb calendar that she loves to do. Am I going to end up making one for Tucker next year too or at some point do we need to just share?!
And we did make a pretty Alleluia sign to "hide" during Lent (b/c you won't here that word at mass during the next 46 days), but Julia can't seem to hide it and sat with it as she ate her cereal this morning and spilled milk on it. That's Sissy for you.
If you are wanting to do a Lenten calendar there is an awesome printable one here made by Lacy at Catholic Icing (and that's probably what I'll do next year). Most families do some sort of activity where the kids get to earn jellybeans or remove thorns from the crown or make a flower wreath based on their good works or sacrifices during Lent, but I think my little ones just aren't ready for that yet (meaning only Marky would get it). I am trying to really point out areas that they are doing sacrifices, like when Marky vacuumed up the dirt when Tucker dug up my coffee table plant.......again. :) Hope your Lent got off on the right foot and you can celebrate a little spring cleaning of the soul!




1 comment:
This is great. I can't wait until my little one is old enough for crafts. I love me some crafts!!
Poor coffee table plant...there on the front line in the battle between you and plastic furniture covers. Gird your loins and hold those little leaves (what's left of them) high and proud, little plant. You and Mama are going to win this one!
Post a Comment