
Today was the end of chess camp and Marky had gotten his head back in the game and did very well today. He got a "band" (they get wrist bands as rewards) for getting a guy into checkmate, a band for getting another boy into checkmate in less than 4 moves, and won one of his two tournament games. I LOVE the tournament- it's adorable. They shake hands and are very quiet and quick- it's move- hit the clock- move- hit the clock- back and forth and I have no idea what they are doing. See him 4th down on the left-

Thinking, plotting...

Shake hands-

Coach breaks it down for them at the end-

Meanwhile Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee toddled around looking at the library guinea pigs-

Little buddy fell asleep on the way home from the tourney and amazingly let me hold and rock him for a long time after we got home. I thanked God for this blessing- I believe He knows how much I love holding a baby and gives me these little moments of joy-

I'm in the middle of ordering all our homeschool materials for next year and it's like Christmas around here- we got Marky's history program in the mail today- I think Marc and I are more excited than the kids-

These are the two "core" books and they are AWESOME (I think Marc is reading one right now)-

I also ordered a bunch of DVD's that were on sale- the kids are watching the one about Christopher Columbus right now-

I just love educating my kids the way I want to- it's a blessing and a gift.




3 comments:
Our big boy just does well. Doesn't ask for accolades, doesn't expect them...just does his best. A gracious gentleman in the making. So proud of his accomplishments!
Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum are just adorable. They have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in their heart! Where?
Hugs and kisses from BB
ahem!!! what about your FAVORITE part of the week where your tennessee visitors dropped in unexpectedly??? we had a blast like always, and Hadley kept asking if we were going to go back to tell Julia good-bye because she was crying when we left! Thanks for your hospitality!
Searching for Marky Fischer! 3 rules of chess: carefully, carefully, carefully!
Post a Comment