Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday

Interesting week- Marky started chess camp and Julia started gymnastics. They have both shocked me- Marky had forgotten a lot of the chess moves he had learned back when he used to play it all the time and is like starting over and Julia (who can't sit in a chair without falling out) is very coordinated and can do the basic gymnastics (although after every move she says to her teacher and class "I DID IT! Did you see me! AWESOME!")

The mixed reactions to my family size is always interesting. Yesterday while checking out at Homegoods with ONLY Julia and Tucker (who were behaving well) the lady said, "whoa....oh my goodness...pregnant?! You have your HANDS FULL sister!" and I said, "Thank you so much, we are SO VERY BLESSED."

Then, twice lately I've had elderly people stop me and say how "precious and delightful" my family was and how it "warmed their heart" to see us. You love it or hate it I guess.

Well, I've got kids dying to go swimming and I'm going to try to take them by myself for the first time. Lord give me strength and a happy heart and a slimming swimsuit. Amen.

4 comments:

BB said...

Ahhhm. For those strangers who just decide to come up and make fun of your family....please tell them to call me. 1-800-BBKickYoButt. I'll be waiting with bells on.
For the sweet little grannies with kindness in their hearts and love for your family, I'm sending many happy thoughts and prayers for their coming days and nights.
Amen.

christian and amanda said...

looks like moms with only children really love lots and lots of grandchildren! my mom is the same way.

i sometimes feel like my own parade walking around town with three kiddos and a big belly (and an occasional extra nephew or two or five)....but overall, I get positive reactions to having a big bunch.

Excited about meeting our number four soon and seeing yours, too.

molly b. said...

Hey Donna! I found your blog through Shauna's and I must say, I am quite smitten with your beautiful family! I so enjoy keeping up with you guys. As for #4? Add me to your list of supporters!
xo
Molly Rigoloso

molly b. said...

Shana's blog, not Shauna's. Dear Shana, if you read this... forgive me? ;)