Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Charlie's check up and Marky's reflections

Overheard-

"Mommy, why would a snowman ever wear a scarf? I mean, a scarf is to make you warm. Warmth kills a snowman. It would melt his neck and then his head would roll off."

This has been deep thoughts with Markyboy.

In other news, Charlie had his four-month check up today and is still the biggest boy. He had grown three inches in two months. He's now completely off the chart for height and head circumference and in the 95% for weight (see, he's skinny!). I pulled out the 6-9 month clothes last month, then I put all of those up and got out the 12 month clothes last week and then today went through the 18 month clothes to find more one-piece things. I think he has a L-O-N-G torso. He is such a sweety pie. He is just Mr. Smiley and smiles at me first thing in the morning and any time he sees me afterwards. He loves to be sung to and laughs out loud if I sing "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" or "If you're happy and you know it." He can roll over and loves to play on his playmats or with toys in his bouncy seat. He sleeps SO WELL it's ridiculous. He takes an hour or so morning nap and cat naps here and there and then takes a long two to three hour afternoon nap. Then he sleeps from 7:30 to 8:00. He's completely spoiled me. He sleeps on his tummy in a sleep sack and loves a Sassy and his lovey bear- basically the same combo as Tucker. I rock him as often as I can because I LOVE to cuddle a baby. And he loves it too. Thank you, Charlie, for being such a sweet, joyful baby. We all love you to pieces.

4 comments:

BB said...

BB's big, big baby boy!!!! He's everything we ordered. Surprisingly (ask any grandmother) they ALL are.
God knows what we need, and we needed Charlie. We needed every baby He formed and sent us. We didn't know it...but when they each arrived, we said, "Well, there you are! I NEEDED you!!!!"
Ps. 127: 4&5:
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

molly b. said...

Donna- Shana's pal Molly, here. I love your family and so enjoy catching up with your tales.

I love Marc's observation about the snowman and the scarf. I hope you won't have any headless snowmen any time soon.

Oh! And Tucker knowing that it was 10 lords a leaping?! That's amazing.

Blessings to you and yours this Advent.

Lori said...

AMEN, BB!!!

--Shelley said...

that's encouraging because i am starting to freak out about a newborn! of course i did start re-reading Baby Wise the other day which did not help matters. I am glad he is a super sweet baby.