Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Teddy Bear Picnic

Monday we had a little teddy bear party for Tuck Tuck and his little buddies and their older siblings- I felt all Martha Stuart and made my first animal cake- a teddy bear!

In process-
cake

Tah-Dah!
teddy bear cake

I found little teddy bear cut-outs at the parent teacher store and used them to make the party bags and hats and centerpieces-
party hats

party bags

The party bags had bags of teddy grahams, play dough, a teddy bear craft-
bear craft

And I made little boxes for gummy bears-
gummy bears

I also bought this cd and played it throughout the party- all the songs are about bears!


The party was at Pump it Up and right when we walked in Tucker found the crown and scepter for the birthday boy and wore it the entire time-
tucker looking

king tuck tuck

happy tuck tuck

Tuck and his favorite buddies (minus one)-
tucker's birthday boys

The whole crew- (look only 8 families made 26 kids- that's how we roll around here!)
tucker's birthday kids

kids

After jumping for an hour on two different rooms filled with jump castles it was onto the food! Teddy bear cupcakes to go with the bear cake-
teddy bear cupcakes

julia and kids

tuck tuck eating

tucker eating

"Happy Birthday, dear Tucker...."

birthday candles 2

candles

"Yay- a cupcake! I will take this bear off-"

tucker cupcake 1

"No need to waste this yummy frosting..."

tucker cupcake 2

"This is delicious! I love it!"

tucker cupcake

Time for presents! So exciting!
tucker opening presents

A wonderful day for a precious sugar bear!

family

family 2

And Tuck Tuck's big gift from us? A new bicycle! His Thomas bicycle bit the dust and it was so sad. He now LOVES his new radio flyer bicycle and rides it all day every day (with his monkey hat)
tucker bike

tucker bike 2

The neighboors come over and ride with him too-
playing in driveway

All this celebratin' wears a sugar bear out-
tucker sleeping

5 comments:

BB said...

Awww. BB is about to leave, and it's a little sad to leave such a Sugar Bear!
These were the best 26 youngsters together in one place I've ever seen...and that's after teaching school 30 years! Kudos!
Love you all, and miss you lots.

Lori said...

Oh, how precious and you did Great on your cake:)

I agree with BB, they are all great kids!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Tucker! We are thinking about doing a teddy bear 3rd birthday next month! Thanks for the ideas. :)

Lindsey said...

awesome cake! looks like a fun party!

--Shelley said...

now that was a Par-Tay! way to go.