Thursday, April 25, 2013

Space and St. Mark's Day

Yesterday was rainy all day, so after naps I took the children to the science center.  My space-obsessed baby boys found the planet show and sat and would not move.  They just love, love, love all things space related.  A worker came by and said something like "oh- hi boys- that is a planet- there are 8 planets in the solar system."  We just smiled.   I didn't tell her that Tucker knows the number and names of every moon for every planet.   :)  He recognizes any planet just by it's color- he doesn't need labels.

momma 8

momma 7

Mesmerized.....

momma 6

momma 11

Later on in the wind tunnel-

momma 9

This afternoon in the car I casually metioned that today is the feast day for St. Mark the Evangelist.  Marky said, "oh- when I get home I'm going to get my St. Mark statue and draw it."  And he did.

momma 4

momma 5

Then Frick and Frack needed their own St. Mark's to draw.  :)  Now we are reading the Old Testament references to the four beasts and how those became the symbols for the gospel writers.

momma 3

momma 2

momma

Getting ready for our whirlwind weekend.  Zaza and Grandpa are coming and we have the kids' art show, Marky's final lacrosse tournament and Julia's ballet recital!   Busy with our blessings!

1 comment:

BB said...

Such smart babies@

Poppy and I are ready for tomorrow.