Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This week- Shelley visits, 2-year checkup

My high school buddy, college roommate and maid of honor at my wedding, Shelley- known as "Skrelley" on my blog, lives far away in Arkansas.  I miss her so much and she was kind enough to come stay with us Monday night on her way home from a family visit.  She had all four children by herself and was adding time to her drive, but I was so happy to see her after YEARS!  I had only seen her once last year at her mom's funeral and before that it had been when Tucker was a newborn.

We had a fun supper with Chris and Christy who went to high school youth group with us and then Shana came over for breakfast Tuesday morning.  Shelley's car sounded bad when she went leave so we had to take it to the dealership.  Then she and I got to keep 8 children happy in the strip mall next to the dealership for a few hours.  :)  A fun adventure indeed.  We finally walked over to a Mexican restaurant and Shana met us there- it's great saying to the hostess, "three adults, 8 children".  :)  Here we are walking back afterwards- ha!  Our children had the best time with each other and each have one to pair off with.  And Skrelley had I stayed up past midnight laughing out loud reminiscing.  :)  

daddy

On Monday morning Charliebear had his 2-year check up. He's off the charts for height and 95% for weight. That's what happens when you eat three hot dogs at a sitting and sleep like a log. :) They made me strip him down so they could weigh him and then I still ended up waiting over an hour. I texted Marc that I was not able to keep him in my lap and he said, "well, that chair's not gonna push itself!" :)

  daddy1daddy2

 I find myself taking pictures of him all the time because I wuv his wittle baby face. :)

  daddy3daddy4

Oh this would have been cute not blurry- daddy5

1 comment:

--Shelley said...

that was a perfect recap. we all had a blast...except for the tumble down the stairs. still healing from that one but the kids love all of yall!