
Today is my birthday. We don't make huge deals out of birthdays, but I had a nice day all the same. :) Zaza and I took the children to the science center for the day and watched an IMAX movie on Madagascar. We came home and she cut everybody's hair while I made chicken/veggie kabobs, corn on the cob, potato salad, fruit salad and rolls. Marc brought home a birthday cake after work and we celebrated together.
I was thinking today if I had any "birthday wishes" or thoughts and all that kept coming to mind was "I wish to be completely in God's will." I hope to grow in virtue and holiness- if not now- when? I'm not getting any younger. I'm reading "St. Patrick's Summer" to the children at night and it is just AWESOME. It was written in the 50s- that's how you know it is awesome. We used to use real words and convey real ideas and expect children to rise to the level we were setting. Now so much literature stoops to the level of the child.
Anyway, reading this catechism novel with the children has reimprinted on my heart how I am made in the image of God and must use that grace accordingly and treat others with that dignity from conception to natural death. So here's to another year and to seeking the Lord while He may be found.





4 comments:
You were SOOOO worth the broken tail bone. Happy birthday, my sweet baby girl.
What a sweet day :) And you look thin in these pictures…how's that for a happy birthday??!! Love ya!!
Happy Birthday friend! I thought of it first thing when I woke up but didn't want to text you since you are an hour behind me. I'm glad it was a good day!!
How Beautiful! Your thoughts and you! Happy Birthday! Love, Lori
Post a Comment