Monday, March 9, 2015

Enjoying the mild weather and quotes

We have been outside all the time lately.  It's so nice!  A hike to the creek in the woods...



Today I knew it would rain in the afternoon so we headed to the park to enjoy the sunshine while it lasted.







 


Not a staged picture- they were playing red light green light-





 “Time in nature is not leisure time; it's an essential investment in our children's health (and also, by the way, in our own).” 
― Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder



Here are some quotes from today:

Mommy:  Julia, put your shoes away- I am so tired of stepping over them!
Julia:  I'm sorry Mommy.  Are you tired of stepping over your shoes too?  :) 

I lost Tucker today at the park because I lose him everyday.  This time,
Mommy:  Tucker, where were you?  You have to stay where I can see you!
Tucker:  Mommy, I saw a pipe with water coming out of it so I had to go inspect it.  And as you see I am wearing running pants- so I have to be running!

Tucker:  Marky, chase us like you are a monster.
Marky:  I don't want to- pretend "Mr. Nobody" is a monster.  
Tucker:  Everyone knows "Mr. Nobody" is merely a mischief maker!

Reading history to the older children at the park:
Marky:  You know, when you think about the Trojan War- it went on longer than World War I and yet Menelaus still took her back!  

Reading "The Hero of Bremen" to the children today it mentions the famous hero Roland.  
Marky:  "Ah yes, from the famous Song of Roland."  

All day long as I read to the children they interrupt me with their thoughts, which often surprise me.  I love it and would not miss it for the world.  

1 comment:

BB said...

Your new robot free app blocks my comments most of the time.
Anywho, what a glorious day with your angels. Love the pictures of happy children!