Every year on the Saturday vigil for Gaudete Sunday (which means "Rejoice!" and is a little break in the penitential advent season) we have a party. This year we had over 60 people and had a wonderful night. I just took a few pictures.
This year we served two 20 lb Honey Baked Hams, four hashbrown casseroles, two giant brown sugared/baconed green beans, marshmallow salad and rolls. It was easy as pie and so yummy! The guests brought appetizers and desserts.
And per our usual we had "the four horsemen" read our Advent reading- the lyrics of Handel's Messiah. If you wanted to do this at your get together I recommend reading all of part one up to the first line of part 2. I just changed soprano/alto/tennor/bass to the names of the guys. And they said the "chorus" part altogether. It's very moving. Then we sang our hymns! This year we sang God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Good King Wenceslas (with men singing the king part and women singing the page part) and Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus. A beautiful night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
hey girl!! The other day I saw a horse Christmas wreath on someone's door and immediately thought of Julia. I tried to attach a link but it wouldn't let me. So google horse Christmas wreath.
Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!
Amy
Thanks Amy! Merry Christmas to you all! Take Care!
Post a Comment