Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Nutcracker, Santa, Our Lady of Guadalupe

The events of the season are in full swing.   This morning the children and I went to see The Nutcracker.  They had not seen it (actually Julia saw it years ago and doesn't remember), and they LOVED it!  It really is a magical ballet.  (And we did see George Balanchine's choreography).

Anastasia and I sat through the first few numbers, but then she was too loud and we had to sit outside.


My lovely and sweet little girls.  I am still getting used to saying girls plural!

 
 


 In honor of the feast day for Our Lady of Guadalupe we had Mexican food.  :)






Then we ran by to see Santa Clause!  We haven't seen him in years.  :)




 I was shocked that sweetie pie was fine with Santa holding her.  She never fussed.





It's very interesting to me that my children do not make Christmas lists and never ask for things for Christmas.  They are always shocked to learn that other children ask for things.  Tucker says, "I just love being surprised- I will be happy with whatever it is.  I can't imagine telling you what to buy for me."  

So when Santa today asked them what they wanted they all said, "we don't know."  Charlie said, "I will like whatever I get.  I will just have to see what comes."  It made for awkward moments with waiters and cashiers lately- they always think the children must have asked for at least "one thing" and I promise you they haven't!  They will all be surprised!

We came home and she showed us her new trick of holding her bottle-



"Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared in Mexico as the pregnant Mother of God to Blessed Juan Diego, and Aztec Indian, on December 9, 10, and 12, 1531. She left a Miraculous Image of her appearance on his cactus fiber cloak, or tilma, which still exists today for all to see in the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City. 
Our Lady came to offer faith, hope an consolation to the oppressed natives of Mexico and to reconcile then with their Spanish rulers. She put an end to the bloody human sacrifice of the Aztecs and converted ten million natives in the next 10 years!"
Quote and the proofs of the truly MIRACULOUS image found HERE. 

We read this book-



And watched this movie-

Marc at a birthday party-


And Annie the precious-



 

No comments: