Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Ireland, this and that

Well this weekend I put the Marcs on a bus and watched them drive off on their way to Ireland!  They are there with the Birmingham Boys Choir tour and I have gotten pictures and see that it is BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING.



Rehearsing in the airport-



They stopped by this Cathedral on the ride to Galway- they sang and it was acoustically amazing.


Here is their hotel in Galway-



Clonmacnoise, a monastic ruin.  It was founded in 544 A.D. by St. Ciaran.  

Connemara-




Kylemore Abbey- founded in 1920 by Benedictine nuns fleeing Belgium in World War I.

Neo-Gothic church on the grounds- a "Cathedral in Miniature"- the boys had a concert here.




 BB came and stayed two nights to help with Anniebug- she saw Annie's new trick- dancing!




Yesterday was the feast of the Annuciation, when Gabriel came to Mary and announced that she was to bear the Christ child.  It's always March 25th- 9 months before December 25th.  We have a lovely image of this event in our home that I love.  


We read the story from A Book of Angels by Marigold Hunt (everyone of her books is a gem).  




 We decorated sugar cookies to celebrate-







Gabriel and Mary-

The Holy Spirit-

A few pictures from this week- soccer boys!

Here is my living Holly Hobby doll-









Julia went on an AMAZING trail ride for five hours on Saturday.  She rode a mule on a long, slow ride.  Then she got on a Tennessee walker horse and flew all over the place.  She and her friends climbed the mountain, splashed through the creeks, and had a ball.  

She spent the night with BB and Poppy Friday so they could take her.  They took her to dinner at the marina where they keep the boat-


Then they tried some evening fishing-



I don't have pictures from the trail ride, but here she is on Monday learning barrel racing-





No comments: