Friday, March 15, 2019

This and that, Overheard, Anastasia is 9 mos

A few pictures from the past week- Anastasia got her first ashes on Ash Wednesday-



We saw the most beautiful ballet performance of Sleeping Beauty last week.  It was just perfect!




Our church is redoing the floors and getting new pews.  We got an old pew, and I love it!  It fits perfectly!  Now I need to accessorize.  :)


 Daddy was out of town all last week.  We had Fat Tuesday dinner at Freddy's.   Our last sweets before Lent started.  Anastasia tried ice cream for the first time and was a big fan.   :)




Most kissable cheeks around!

I saw tons of bubbles coming out of the dishwasher and realized Charlie had "helped" me by doing the dishes and putting Dawn in the dishwashing liquid spot.  It bubbled for several more runs.


 Anniebug turned 9 mos this week!!!




Annie Rosie at 9 months you are a delight.   You crawl fast, pull up on everything and cruise around furniture.  You are always happy.  I can count on my fingers the times you have cried and I couldn't figure out why.  You only fuss if you are sleepy or hungry.  Easy fixes because you like all food and are easy to put down for naps.  I put you down awake and you play around with your teddy bears and mobile before falling asleep.  You are just the sweetest, happiest little cherub!

You babble now- you can say dada, momma, bubba, tuck, hey, sis.  We love your little voice.  You squeal and suck all the air out of the room when we walk in.  You do the "Annie wiggle" and wiggle back and forth and pump your legs when you are excited.  We all fight over who gets to get you out of your crib because you are so happy when you wake up.

You love everybody.  You have had a little "stranger danger" and would only let family members hold you for a while, but you are warming up to our friends.  You let Zaza and Grandpa keep you in Florida last week and were happy for Aunt Amber, Uncle Tim and Landin to hold you.  You love Classical Baby and Curious Buddies shows.   As soon as they come on you squeal, suck the air out of the room and pump your legs.  You don't watch them every day, more like a few times a week- especially on long car rides.

You love toys- you play with toys all day every day.  You are not that cuddly.  You let us hold you, but you immediately lean to play with toys.  You love your little house and the area we call "babyland" (a gated-off area in the playroom with all your toys).    You love sitting at my feet with some toys.  You are already clapping your hands when you do something smart because I clap mine.  :)  You love your mobile and turn it on first thing when you wake up.

Today we went to your 9 month checkup.  You were 30 inches long (off the charts) and 22.9lbs (97%).  Head circumference 18.   You are a tall girl just like Julia.  Marky went with me because I think it's hard to hold a 22.9 lb extra-squirmy baby and do paperwork.  :)






You enjoyed going to Marky's lacrosse game on Tuesday-



 


Marc is in white with a black knee brace-




By the way, Charlie auditioned for the boys choir this week.  It was so sweet.  I remembered doing the same audition with Marky 8 years ago!   Charlie did so well and could sing 2 octaves at age 7.


We redid our "Willow Tree" family this week to reflect our new situation- I love it!



Tuckerman had said some interesting things lately.

Looking at his globe-
Tucker:  Isn't it amazing that God made the Atlantic Ocean in the shape of New Jersey?

Watching The Phantom Menace in the car on the way home from Florida-
Tucker:  Oh, my stomach is turning and my toes are tingling.  I do NOT like to see a Jedi die.

Stopping at a gas station restroom-
Tucker:  This was horrible.  I cannot believe we went here.  The bathroom was disgusting and the door smelled like a fish.

After Confession-
Tucker:  Charlie has had 2 sacraments, I have had 3, Julia and Marc have had 4 and Mommy you have had 6.  You only get 6 usually because you will either marry or be a priest- not both.  I will probably be a priest.
Mommy:  Really, is this something you just thought of or have been thinking of for a while?
Tucker:  For a while I have thought it.  Whatever God wants.


And yes, Charlie had his first confession last week- on Thursday, March 7th with Father John Paul at the monastery.  I want to record that here so we don't forget!  He was very confident and happy.

No comments: