Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend, et al

This week Shana and Shelley (my college roommates) both had birthdays- and Shana was turning 40!  Months ago we signed up to run a 5K together for the occasion.  We all had big plans on getting in shape and being seasoned runners by May.  Well, that whole running bit all fell apart, but we did have a great time together!  :)



Shelley was unable to get to my house until 9:30 on Friday evening.  Shana didn't want to miss the catching up so she drove over (past her bedtime.)  We sat on the porch, drank hot tea, and belly laughed until 3 in the morning!!!!  We had no idea it was that late- the time flew by!



We all said, "We cannot get up at 6:30 for a race- let's meet for brunch at Olexa's instead."  And that's what we did!



They were extremely late getting our food out so they sent us all giant WARM, buttercream cake with buttercream frosting.  Oh.My.Goodness....it may be the best cake I have ever had...EVER!!!



Then we went to Trader Joe's (Shelley had always wanted to see it) and shopping around the Summit.



Then it was off for pedicures!


I was so glad Shelley finally met Anastasia Rose!  Annie loved her and let her hold her!




Saturday evening Shelley and I had a fun evening laughing with our high-school church friend, Christy.  We also stayed up talking late!  It was such a fun time!

Sunday, Shelley left super early so she could make it to church with her family.  We went to Mass and then tried a new pizza place for lunch.












This is Annie Rosie's newest trick, "How big is the baby?"...."Soooo Big!"



I got pink roses and Tucker made me a Lego heart.  :)  I also got a coupon for a date night where the children promised to clean the house, feed themselves and put Anastasia to bed.


After a relaxing afternoon, I met BB for dinner- just the two of us.  We both felt that having to "host" Mother's Day sounded exhausting with how busy the month of May already is.  It was a great treat to have a quiet dinner!


In other news....

Here are a few pictures to get off the phone.  :)  First Communion Rehearsal-





I just love these GIANT baby bows I found.  :)  They suit our little round baby.   These pics were from a while back-


 




Another friend had their baby baptized last weekend.  It was beautiful.

Charlie received several gifts for his First Communion.  He is loving this Illustrated Lives of the Saints.  He is reading it every day.



I thought this was cute and clever.  Tucker is always creating something.  I don't remember to take pictures, but every single day he brings me things or comics or stories.  Right now he's creating a whole character of a boy scientist who solves problems.  He acts it out with his Lego pieces.


Last Wednesday that had the final Fraternus meeting for the year and a banquet for the families.  It was a beautiful night.





Here is Marc's 9th/10th grade "squad"-

And big Marc is a captain for the 11th/12th grade squad-


Annie saw herself in a mirrored ceiling and kept waving at that cute baby girl!











No comments: