Thursday, June 26, 2008

We gonna party- it's your birthday!

So last night is going down as one of my favorite nights! Marc, Shana and Jen threw me a SUPRISE 30th birthday party!!!! I had NO idea at all. Shana and I always go out to eat when its one of our birthdays so she told me we were going to go get pedicures and then eat at a cute place downtown. When I left the house, Marc was mowing the grass- I had NO idea there was a party in the works! Shana and I got our pedicures and then showed up at J. Clydes off Cobble Street and many of my friends yelled "suprise" and I completely lost it and cried like a baby!
Here are two of the lovely hostesses- Jen gets the special award for driving up from Mobile just in time for the party and then turning around and leaving a few hours later so she could be back for work! THANK YOU!!!
Here's the place- in the background you will see the BAND they hired! Yes a band- two guitar players and a saxophone player too!
Here's another view- you can kind of see the Happy Birthday banner- and they had "30"s hanging around. Julie at the back table is holding one of the centerpieces- a 5 by 7 of my face!
Here's fellow blogger Tally and her husband and Kathy- see my face on the table?! ha!
Here's another blogger, Carrie, her hubby Matt, and blogger Matt Ford. I haven't hung out with these college friends in a LONG time and we laughed and laughed!
Thank you everybody for doing this. I will never forget this AWESOME night! (By the way, I won't be 30 until Wednesday) ...but I can already tell 30s not so bad!

13 comments:

christian and amanda said...

Happy Birthday Donna, I'm 30 tomorrow and Kik's is next week. WOW. I'm getting a massage and a big Mocha:) What a party.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for this post all day!! HA. We are so glad we got to be there-it was tons of fun and we loved hanging out with you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Okkkk...make sure to take a peek at my blog as well - your party made my page! You must be some kind of lucky gal.

LeAnne said...

How awesome, donna!! Looks like a lot of fun. Sweet, sweet, hubby and best friends. 30 is definitely not that bad....it's the new 20, right? Well, maybe not 20....but not too bad!! I'm glad you had such a fun SURPRISE to celebrate this milestone birthday.

Kris and Stacey said...

Donna,
So sorry we missed it. We tried...it just didn't work out. Now I am so sad because it looks like ya'll had a blast!!! You have so many wonderful friends that adore you. You truly are a special person. Marc is one lucky guy. I will see you Monday but Happy Birthday a few days early!!!!!

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

Happy Birthday! The big 3-0! I have been bragging to my husband that I am 29! I turn 30 in August - it is nice now to be the youngest. However, I am absolutely loving this stage of life - it is a blast!

Parks Avenue said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I wish we could all get together sometime!
-annie

Lindsey said...

How fun! Happy Birthday! Glad it was so special. You are certainly loved!

annieck said...

HOW FUN! What a great surprise!!! They really went all out. =)
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, DONNA!!!

holly said...

How awesome! You are so loved ;) Happy early Birthday! I'm going to have to send this to Tadd so he can get busy planning my big 3-0 for February, Ha!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Happy Birfday, Shawty. Look like y'all had a great time!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am so SAD I couldn't be there. Please know that I was there in spirit. I had convinced myself up until the last day that I was going to try to make it up and down in one night, but about 10 things came up and I just couldn't go.
You make 30 look FAB-O and I can't wait to talk to you on your real birthday!!!

The Dettling's said...

We had a lot of fun Donna! It's nice all making the big leap together. I love your post from the actualy B'day. What a peaceful and happy place to be in life! God is so good! I'm laughing that I made the party page. It reminds me of college sorority party pics, not that I was ever in one. :)