Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Please Pray


This precious family, The Atchisons, lost their four-year-old baby girl last night when she passed completely unexpectedly in her sleep. I cannot imagine what they are going through. Billy, the dad, was on staff with Campus Outreach when I was in college and Hope was a friend. Sweet Alaiana has gone to be with He who made her, loves her, and keeps her.


I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills: from whence cometh my help. My help
cometh even from the Lord: who hath made heaven and earth. He will not suffer
thy foot to be moved: and he that keepeth thee will not sleep. Behold, he that
keepeth Israel: shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord himself is thy keeper:
the Lord is thy defence upon thy right hand; So that the sun shall not burn thee
by day: neither the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil:
yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going
out, and thy coming in: from this time forth, for evermore. Glory be to the
Father, and to the Son: and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning, is
now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen Psalm 121

5 comments:

Parks Avenue said...

Donna,
Thanks for posting about this. I was gonna do it on our blog. I am physically sick over it. I too cannot even come close to fathoming what they are going through. We will be praying along with you guys as the Lord guides them through this tragedy and suffering.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

I am so sad, I have no words. We are praying tons for them and I have been thinking of them all day!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Thanks Donna. I too have been thinking about and praying for them.

annieck said...

I will be praying for them. I cannot even begin to imagine their grief.
Thanks for sharing this, Donna.

LeAnne said...

Oh, that is absolutely heartbreaking. Thanks, donna, for sharing...we will definitely be lifting up this family. I cannot even begin to imagine this kind of pain and sorrow.