Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Turning 30

Well, today was my actual birthday- around 5:00 p.m. tonight I crossed over into my 30s. The day was so plain and ordinary- Julia for some reason woke up at 4:45 this morning -flopped around in our bed 'til about 6:00 and then we were up and going. We had to be out of the house so someone could show it by 9:30- so I went to the dog boarder, the gym, the dry cleaners, the bank, chick-fil-a for a playdate and then brought the kids home, put them down for naps, waited for the babysitter and went to my OB appointment where I heard the most beautiful little heartbeat, and then ran to the grocery store. I then came home and cooked supper, played in the yard, did dishes, bathed some wriggly kids and put them to bed. Some people would think that was an awful way to spend your birthday- where was my "me" time?- but to me today was a wonderful day- it was a day in my life- a life I love- with children and a husband I love and serving them is my privilege. I'm so grateful to be exactly where I want to be at 30. Praise be to God- the giver of all good gifts!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

what a beautiful post donna....happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, but 30 years ago was the happiest time in your Dad's and my life. You're our sunshine, you're our joy, you're the greatest gift God graced us with. Now, with Marc, Marky, Julia and number 3...you've waaay more than doubled our joy.
Love you taller than the sky!
Mom

Emily said...

happy belated donna! i'm just now checking all my blogsites (in a couple of days). hope you had a great day!