Monday, November 17, 2008

Mamas Be Nesting.....

You can't stop a mama-to-be from nesting. (that title post is a reference to "women be shopping" from Nutty Professor). Anyway, I am in full-blown turn-this-mother-upside-down mode on nesting in my home. We are totally rearranging everything and it is getting crazy. First, I was able to finally get rid of the "Indian Outlaw" couches that Marc had before we got married and I have had to decorate around these past 7 1/2 years. Yes, they were huge and comfy- yes they were "half Cherokee and Choctaw". We've had them in the basement playroom and now it's time to go to a better home.
In steps our new "playroomy" couch and loveseat with washable slipcovers on every cushion. They are bright, happy- they won't stain.
We also got new cubical storage things for the books and toys in the playroom that have bright colored cloth bins- those are getting put together tonight. Then last night we bought brand new beautiful bunk beds and a chest of drawers for Marky's room. And since I'm getting new furniture for his room, I figured I'd change the "theme". We are moving away from baby transportation stuff to knights. We got a new painting and mirror yesterday. And now I've made an executive decision to move our master bedroom downstairs and move the guest room upstairs. What in the world am I thinking to do this all at the last minute during the holidays? All I can say is "mamas be nesting....."

7 comments:

Amy said...

I remember nesting. When I couldn't sleep toward the end of my pregnancy I found comfort in the fact that I got to unload the dishwasher at 2 in the a.m.! Craziness! Still it's better to do those things now before little Tucker arrives...I just love his name.

Lindsey said...

hilarious title, hilarious song to accompany hilarious post! haven't heard that song in a long time... glad you are getting things accomplished. let's see more pictures!

holly said...

ha! feel your pain. i'm doing the same thing, and have a goal to have everything done before Christmas! good luck ;)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

You are so stinking funny. I was thinking, "has Donna gone mad? what is this song?"!! haha! Nest away, sister. It's a good feeling!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

i am laughing very hard at the song and how you used it to describe that couch!!!! too funny

Emily said...

haha.. you crack me up, donna! gotta love that feeling of progress and accomplishment.good for you! hope you're feeling well!

annieck said...

You are SO funny! LOVE the post!!! You enjoy your nesting, mamma!