Monday, November 3, 2008

What can I say?

I've hesitated to put anything up here about voting because I just don't know what to say. I really can't believe we are so close to possibly electing a man that has what seem to be obvious anti-American values. A man who said his "first act" would be to sign the Freedom of Choice act which would reinstate partial-birth abortion and force tax payers to fund abortions and then appoint his ideologues to make laws at the Supreme Court instead of interpreting them. All we can do is pray. Pray for the unborn, the innocent, the helpless.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

6 comments:

annieck said...

Amen. I'm standing in prayer with you, Donna. May God have mercy on us.

Bragans said...

I too pray that God will not give us over to ourselves. I pray as Solomon did,"Who can govern this nation?"

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Amen. I am gut wrenched and giving it to God in prayer. Lord, give us discernment.

And, FYI, it sounds like the chipmunks are singing my country tis of thee on you page. I love Alvin, Simon and Theodore like the rest of y'all, but I don't know if that's the sound you're going for.

holly said...

My son said it best when we were praying the other night. He said, "God, we pray for the man that gets elected. Even if it is Obama, because your will is being done." What wisdom! Even though it's scary, we need to remember that God is the one who saves us all and ultimately our country....LOVE the Divine Mercy Chaplet!

Steph said...

I am deeply disturbed and appalled that people who claim to be Christians can vote for a man who supports abortion. How can a Christian, in good conscience, support a candidate who doesn't respect the life that we have been given by our creator? There are too many "Christians" out there who will help decide this election by basing their decision on race rather than values & beliefs. We are praying fervently for our country.

Amy said...

AMEN!!!!!!
It saddens me that so many people are misguided....our nation needs Jesus.