On the thanks tree it says "Give thanks to God for He is good" and we put things we are thankful for. On the giving tree it says "God loves a cheerful giver" and we put things that we have done to give to other people, which is giving back to God. I saw this idea last year on the internet, but it was done on 8 x 10 paper and I wanted ours to be a little bigger. Marky has really gotten into it and writes his all by himself. We are memorizing "Who has seen the wind" by Christina Rosetti. He also started an all-boys gymnastics class this week since soccer is over, and he is beside himself about it (it went right onto the thanks tree). As for Little Bit, she is staying busy. I actually started reading Peter Rabbit to her, which in my opinion is way above her level, but she LOVES it. I always think she's not paying attention- she's squirming and flopping around, but then if I stop she freaks out and says "weed peter bunny book". I thank God so much for being able to stay home and enjoy these days with my babies. Of course there are days I want to pull my hair out, but if I'm honest, more often than not, I just delight in raising these children. They are God's gift to me, and I am shaping them to give back to Him- and pray they will be ready to love and serve Him for eternity.





3 comments:
OH, Donna! I've missed your updates. Glad you're back. :):)
LOVE your Thanksgiving idea. It's AWESOME!
Your kiddos are so precious!
Welcome back!
I love the thanksgiving idea and am totally copying it! Thanks(and giving)! And you made me proud to be a mom. Thanks for the great post! I can't believe you'll have another one soon! Can you?? The land of no sleep is still a little fresh in my mind, but it has all been blurred away by the precious little babies. I'm so excited for you!
i have been meaning to get to the library. i really need to go. we need to catch up.
Post a Comment