Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joy is right!

This week's advent theme is Joy and I've got it abundantly. I could not be more grateful to our precious Lord. Today we had the annual "Christmas singing thing" at Moms-Day-Out. Unlike Thanksgiving, Marky actually sang and smiled this time.
While Julia still didn't ever sing or smile, she was happy to do the hand motions, which consisted of ringing a bell and patting her legs.
She did however have BIG SMILES when she saw her favorite fella had come to see her!

My precious pumpkins:

Then tonight I hosted a little dinner for the ladies in my Bible Study. We met this fall and studied Paul's writings on the sacraments. It was such a fruitful and wonderful time. We are taking a break for the holidays, but I wanted to see everyone so we had a little pot luck.
I made chili and rice and the whole reason was I wanted to use my grandmother's soup tureen that I've had for about four years and have never had a chance to use. It is so beautiful.

Little did I know that the girls had a surprise baby shower for me! I could not have been more surprised or grateful.
Here are the girls at dinner:
Thank you Lord for answering my prayers and giving me likeminded, Godly women to share this journey home with me. And that includes you, all my blogging girlfriends, whom I'm so grateful for, even if we don't see each other very much. You bless me and encourage me in my faith. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for hosting us last night- what a wonderful time of food, fellowship, and prayer! you are a hostess with the mostest! love you, christy

holly said...

how sweet! what is the study you all did? I'm doing a great one on Genesis right now http://www.cssprogram.net/, but i know we'll be seeking another good Catholic study when it is over in the spring!