It's that time of year again- the time when
Hillary and I bake for Christmas. We've done it
many years before- and this year we got to do it with all four of our kids and Aunt
Shana! Here are Shana and Hill rolling peanut butter balls. As Julia would say "dose are wishus"(delicious).

Unexpectedly, the kids wanted to help us A LOT. We thought they would play with the toys most of the time and let us cook, but I literally had to kick Marky out of the kitchen. We did let them cut the gingerbread men and women.

Even Sissy seemed to get the hang of it. I hate I didn't get a pic of sweet Harris- he is such a dollbaby. I think he was napping at this point. We also made some type of rolled oat- chocolate-peanut butter cookie thing that is out of this world. Thanks Hill for the recipes and coming down with your grocery store in your car. Thank you Shana for delaying your trip home so you could cook with us.

Oh- and thanks also for Julia's snowglobe Auntie Hill. When she woke up from her nap, Marky went and snuggled by her and they watched that thing play songs and shake snow for about 30 minutes. All I could think of was "Children were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads". Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
You beat me to a post! Thank YOU! We had such a great time. It wouldn't be Christmas without you.. and you know- a load of sugar, butter and chocolate (and peanut butter apparently this year!).
I'm getting you a rolling pin next Christmas!
Love ya'!
Looked like you gals had great fun! What a wonderful tradition and fun for the kids! Merry Christmas!
Fun! I'm a tad jealous!
Post a Comment