Sunday, December 7, 2008

We are waiting

Tears. I have shed more tears in the past two weeks than in the entire year before. Something about being 9 months pregnant here at advent has me emotional. I cry at almost every Christmas song. Have you heard Faith Hill's "A Baby Changes Everything"? Good grief. And then there is the canon song by the Trans-Siberian orchestra (that I'm putting on here) where they sing so beautifully, "we are waiting, we have not forgotten....." over and over again. Imagine how much the Isrealites had been through. How many years of waiting for their Messiah? Would God deliver them? Where was their king? He was coming as a meek baby in a manger and He would change everything.

Today we lit the second candle for peace. Christ says "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." In this hectic December, I am praying to find that true peace that only comes from our Redeemer. I don't want another advent to pass without me being still and waiting on the Lord.

Come, oh Prince of Peace, come and be born in our hearts!

2 comments:

The Keeper said...

Beautiful post. Thank you!

annieck said...

Awesome post, Donna. Thank you for sharing!
We anxiously wait!!!