Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Marky

What can I say about my sweet Markyboy? You really broke me into this mommy gig. With your broken collar bone, reflux and colic we had a busy first year, but I have adored you every minute of your sweet little life. We say you were never really a baby, you seemed to be born with a mature little personality- and you were SO big and still are! You have been such a JOY to raise. You are funny, sensitive, smart, handsome and athletic, but most of all you are so spiritual and you love Jesus. I don't know how I'd make it without you. You are my best friend at home during the day. You love to learn and love to go on any adventure I can come up with. You help your brother and sister so much- they really depend on you, just like me. You have loved books since infancy. You remember everything you ever hear. You just amaze Daddy and me all the time. I can't believe my little chubby baby boy is a thin, tall mature 5-year-old. Thank you for being such a rule-follower and a leader... and for putting up with mommy as I figure out this parenting stuff by practicing on you. We are growing together. You are a wonderful son and you have blessed my life beyone measure. I love, love, love you angelboy.











4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Happy Birthday, Marky!! Turning 5 is a BIG one, huh???

BB said...

Ahhhh. Make BB cry. I love that little guy taller than the sky. He made us BB and Poppy...we were just Mom and Dad before Marky. He was patient as we learned about boy babies, his first smile opened a chamber of our hearts that we didn't even know was there. He had the first "sugar foots" to kiss, the first swaying to "I love my Marky and I love my Marky". Just too much sweetness for a heart to hold!
I love you, my Marky. Happy 5.
Love BB and Poppy

--Shelley said...

I LOVE IT. I think I could write the same words about Streed. They really are so similar...except the tall part!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Precious. Absolutely so sweet. Happy Birthday, big man!