“I give you a new commandment: Love one another as I have loved you.” John 13:34These are the words of Jesus Christ at the last supper. Our pastor says all the time that love is sacrifice and that if you want to know how much someone loves you, see how they sacrifice for you. By this standard, we can surely we can be certain of Christ's love for us, but how can we be certain we are loving God and others as we are supposed to? We can sacrifice our time, energy and money, but can we sacrifice our pride, selfishness, greed, and bitterness? I have been thinking of this a lot lately. I want to be a tender, forgiving and humble wife, mother, daughter and friend. And our precious Lord has made that possible. To put on gentleness I have to "sacrifice" selfishness, but that's what you do when you love someone. Love is sacrifice.




2 comments:
Amen.
beautiful! i'vebeen focusing on this durning lent as well. it's been scary holding a mirror in front of my face and seeing how much i don't sacrafice. i'm working on it.
Post a Comment