Well we're home from the convention and, as always, it was wonderful. This year is was at the Grand Hotel in Point Clear, AL, and everything was relaxing and fun. They had a man drawing portraits out by the pool and he took some pictures of the kids and drew them. Here is the picture he used for Sissy. He drew her smiling. It is precious- I'll post it after it's framed.
And here is Marky's pose- the artist made his shirt white and had him smiling.
We were there for the State Bar Convention and they go out of their way to make it family friendly. There are family parties and dinners every night. One night we had a carnival with games, tatoos, jump castles, etc. And there was always live music.
On Carnival night Julia only wanted to dance with the band. She could have cared less about the games- she got the party started- she danced forever and then layed down on her tummy to watch them and eventually fell asleep on the floor. It was precious.
They had a firework show one night and Marky loved it and well, you can see Julia's expression. She said they were "too woud".
All the pools are zero entry and have fountains and there was a big water slide that we all went down. Julia wore puddle jumpers so I didn't have to stay on top of her. The Grand is soSouthern- they have tea time with cookies every day at 4:00, and every day at 3:30 a military marching band comes through the pool area and out to the canon where they fire a shot at 3:45. People were playing horseshoes and lying in hammocks- I could get used to it.
Every night the crew was exhausted. We had two queen beds and it worked great. A great minivacation. As for Mr. T, he had a great time getting spoiled by BB and Poppy. He really enjoyed being doted on day in day out. I got back just in time!
And now we are back to hustle and bustle- people came to see the house this morning, another family is coming tonight and the roofer came at lunch to give me an estimate on patching things up. Marky is in Mobile with BB- I think they went to the Battleship today. I miss him so much- he is my helper. It was nice to have a quiet nap-time house this afternoon though. Alright- that's all for now. Hope you had a good weekend!




4 comments:
disappointed there were no photos of the new suit;) have you noticed there are no photos of me on my blog in two months...the third one did a number on me. i just did the math and of the last 52 months, I was pregnant for 28 of those (over half!!!) glad you had fun. we're going to california...hoping silas and priya will sleep as sweetly together as yours did!!
Love the pictures. Julia is her mother's daughter when it comes to the dancing:) Ross and I have stayed there with Edward Jones before and I loved it. The trees are just so beautiful. Glad you all had a nice time.
1. Those pictures are precious! Can't wait to see the drawrings :)
2. I'm so glad you metioned "puddle jumpers" - Juli's kids have those and I can't find them in Mobile, so now I know where to get them and what they're called.
3. I'm glad y'all had a great time at the Grand. I've never been and this really makes me want to go!
WOW!! sounds like fun! i can't wait to see the paintings. i'm gonna be in the ham for a couple of days and we're gonna do sips n strokes for shae's birthday. email me and i'll give you the details in case you wanna do some paintin!! leanne.howard@ymail.com
Post a Comment