Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December this and that....

Traditions continued this weekend as we made our annual Gingerbread house.
The big secret to the success of this year's house- a baby medicine dropper- I highly recommend using one for detailing...
Volia!

And here's to another year with a ridiculous Santa pic. As you can see, Tucker had lost his socks by the time we got to Santa and while we sat there waiting for the photog to "git" her camera ready, he decided Santa was no bueno. Marky went along with it, sort of, just so he could get the old man's ear before Christmas (to ask for a wii- the answer is still no), and Juliabug was in Daddy's arms crying. Why do I go every year? It's just what I do, okay?
Today was Marky's class Christmas thingy- He got to play chimes in an ensemble so I was proud of him. His teacher said he was "trustworthy" and was one of only two boys in the class that got to stay in the ensemble! ha!
P.S. I wanted to mention that last summer I organized all the books in the house and got all the Christmas books in one bin. It's been such a treat to have them all in one place (which is now on the fireplace). After Feast of Epiphany I will probably put them all back up together- I want to do this with all the seasons. If wishes were horses.....

Our church is having a "Keep Christ in Christmas" poster contest for the Happy Birthday Jesus party on Sunday. Marky apparently got one in his class and did it ALL BY HIMSELF. I had NO PART in helping. He brought it to me finished today-
I turned it over and saw this- "Marc Ayers! 3 wise kings and seprds and baby jesus is born." My precious 5-year-old. I always think it's sad for them to not be babies- but it's such a treat for them to get so thoughtful and independent too.

And at least I have my little baby super-hero who loves to wrestle and get snuggles-

Sorry for the random smattering....I just need to have a place to save these pictures. Resolution 2 for 2010- start REALLY scrapbooking....somehow.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love " seprds and baby Jesus is born." Marky is an artist! That is so sweet! The Santa pictures are a tradition now! Please don't ever have a normal, easy one - that would be aweful!!!! :-) I can't wait to kiss those babies! I love you - Aunt Amber

The Dettling's said...

Love it all! As for the scrapbooking, I've declared that won't happen until they're all in grade school or high school. So for now, we've just upgraded Aaron's hard drive and keep saving pics there! And my little old desk I had all those years growing up in Mobile, is quickly filling up with all the cards, footprints, "school art", baby hats & hospital bracelets just waiting for the day to properly be placed in a book! P.S. I just found out Marc is in school with my friend Jess's little boy! So fun! :)