Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quotes to Remember

As I was having trouble with a stapler and complaining that it wouldn't work Marky said,
"Don't worry mommy, 'The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still, Exodus 14:14."

After my shock wore off I learned he got that verse from this movie (specifically the "awesome miracles of the Bible" one). Still, I'm amazed at what kids can absorb.

Then last night as I bought him a fiber-optic Christmas tree for his room I said, "Marky you do not deserve this tree after your behavior today, Mommy is just giving you grace."

And he said, "yes, you are giving me grace so that I will know how to love. And the Christmas tree needles will remind me of the straw in the manger and the lights of the star of Bethlehem. Thank you mommy."

2 comments:

Amy said...

my what quick whitted comebacks!!! Gotta love those charming little boys!!!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

The last one is day-finitely my fave! Thanks for sharing!