Friday, December 25, 2009

May your days be Merry and Bright...

Merry Christmas! Hope you had an awesome day. Allow me to indulge the "scrapbook" part of my blog as I try to remember Christmas! Christmas Eve we opened up birdhouses brought to the kids from BB and Poppy.
They LOVED painting them and put them by the fire to dry.

That night we had a yummy steak dinner and drove around to see Christmas lights. The best part of the evening was Tuck Tuck learning to walk with his walker!
This morning we woke up excited for Christmas. Julia enjoyed her new pink bathrobe and ladybug kickball (Marky got a frog kickball). I don't have a lot of pictures of Marky that aren't blurry- Julia keeps messing with the camera and now all my pictures are blurry. I've got to figure out how to reset things.
She was super-excited to get a new "weapster" from BB and Poppy. Now she doesn't have to fight with Marky to use his.
Her "big" gift was a beautiful music box that she absolutely fell in love with and sat and watched all day. I can hear it playing now over the baby monitor- she slept with it.
Tucker just got a couple toys, but totally surprised us by playing with them a TON. Usually babies ignore the toys and go for the wrapping- not T-man- he knows where the good stuff is.
Here he is in front of one of BB's awesome gifts for Marky- an ART CART! Every drawer is self-contained with a lid and can be carried to the table for crafts. It was stuffed with tons of paper, pipe cleaner, crayons, markers, snowballs, finger paint, etc. It's the perfect gift. Marky also got a Star Wars ship, star-turtle, and tinker toys, among other things.
Mommy was thrilled with her gift given to her by her Santa (pictured below)-

It was a DYSON! I could write a book about my love/hate relationships with the vacuums we've purchased over the years. This one shows a lot of promise.
After the gifts the kids sat and worked on their new peel-and-stick mosaics while BB and Mommy got lunch on.

Mom and Dad left after lunch and we napped and played all afternoon. This evening we went to mass- the church looked gorgeous for Christmas. And little baby Santa, all worn out from bringing good cheer, fell fast sleep with visions of biter biscuits dancing in his head.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

shelley said...

what a sweet day. i love the art cart. i may have to copy that in September, you know when my life miraculously becomes organized, as i experience my first attempts at homeschooling. i am delusional.

shelley said...

oh and BB's hair is perfect for her. love it love it

Anonymous said...

ok, two things. #1. the first pic of marky and julia - he's totally pulling the Julia picture face. #2. LOVE the pic of you and mark - so precious.

I feel like I haven't seen you all in ages. :)

and I'm so happy you were excited over getting a "cleaning tool" for Christmas..have I ever told you the story of when I gave my mom an iron for mother's day?? hmph. :)

The Dettling's said...

Precious! I love that Marky is so artistic! And sweet Julia-bug in that robe...too cute! So glad one of the babies doesn't eat the paper and actually enjoys the gifts beneath it!! I'm still working with my little puppy dog over here. As for the Dyson, LOVE ours! But you got the cool ball that swivels. I'm sure that's much nicer than ours that still moves in a straight line! :)