Monday, January 4, 2010

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

...A precious and chunky baby....at least that's what I got last year. This year I got a FIRST BIRTHDAY for my BABY. My itty, bitty, fresh-from-God baby is a YEAR old! How is that possible? What a fun year we've had together!
You have been sweet, happy and just a JOY to mommy's heart.

I kiss you all day every day because you are just so darn kissable.

And now you are one. You are almost walking- you climb stairs by yourself- we love your swirly double-crown- You walk around with your push cart...

...and keep a happy disposition all the time. Your laugh is hysterical and you are a tough little guy! God knew exactly what we needed. You are still so small- yet you fill our entire home with your sunny personality.
You must be what George Macdonald had in mind when he wrote his poem, Baby, that ends with "But how did you come to us, you dear? God thought about you, and so I am here." Thank you, Lord, for remebering us and bringing our family this precious soul to love.

6 comments:

BB said...

When I see Tuck's dimples, I see angel kisses...when I hear his laughter, I hear angels laughing. His head on my neck, is like angel wings brushing by.
You don't think he's really a visiting angel do you? Hummmmmm.
I mean, put on a curly wig, just his diaper, and give him a bow and arrow and you've got Cupid!
Happy birthday, baby dear!

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

how sweet donna! happy birthday to little tucker!

Lindsey said...

happy birthday tucker man!

Lori said...

Wow! Has it really already been a year? I enjoyed reading your blog this morning. You are blessed with a precious family. I look forward to seeing you all soon. God Bless, Lori

The Dettling's said...

Happy, happy birthday sweet Tucker boy! You are precious! What a joy and blessing God brought to your mama! I won't ever forget our little talks about you and Noah before either of you were even a glimmer in our eyes! We got the best Christmas gifts ever last year and now we get to watch you grow! What wonderful fun!

--Shelley said...

well happy birthday to sweet tucker. i do not even know the poor child's birthday. i know, i am a bad friend.