Our new house has this giant playroom upstairs (that we LOVE) and before we even moved in I knew I wanted a big wall of
rain gutter bookshelves. I'd seen it on another blog and thought it was such a great idea. The books are put covers-out so that they are much more inviting for kids to read. So tonight after supper we jumped in the car and ran to Home Depot to get 'er done. Of course, Marky was daddy's helper...

Julia and Tucker? Not so much....

This picture cracks me up. While Marc was screwing in the brackets- Tucker crawled over with his toy and sat right down in this perilous position. "Daddy, is this a bad spot? Are you busy? Move? No thanks...I'm good."

One shelf up- time to load...

Two shelves up- and it immediately had the effect I hoped for. They found books they'd forgotten about- many of which had been right on the shelf for years.

Isn't this a happy way to see your favorite books?

And cheap and easy too! Yay!
6 comments:
I LOVE this idea!! The teacher in me is so excited!! I'm definitely gonna borrow this idea when we have our own house one day!!!!
Oh thanks for this idea. It looks great. I love it. Tell Marc and Marky and lil Tucker, great job.
I LOVE it! What a great idea and y'all did such a great job!
I LOVE it!!! Great job Mr. Marc. What is the paint color in the room? I am at a stand still until I can find a paint color I am happy with for the boys rooms. Looks like the new homestead is coming along quite well.
What fun! Those are AWESOME!
love the shelves! i have ALWAYS wanted shelves where the books face out, but they are so expensive. perhaps we will try this:)!
Post a Comment