It was so great to see Marc's parents this weekend- it'd been almost a year since they'd come up here and they'd never seen our new house. We call them Zaza and Big Grandpa.

Saturday Marc, Marky and Big Grandpa went to a friend's farm to shoot BB guns and other stuff. They had a blast doing "guy" stuff! Zaza, the little ones and I went to the Art Museum. Julia loves the little kiddie exhibit they have.

Tucker was comic relief the whole weekend- you cannot look at this funny baby and not laugh.

Who me?

And I'm not going to name names- but one of the children completely stole Zaza's heart-




Zaza is a wonderful hairdresser and cut Marc, Marky and Julia's hair. Marky didn't mind...

Sissy did NOT want her hair trimmed. She did stop crying after a few minutes...

We stayed outside a lot- I've already said I LOVE the outside of our new home....

So many places to play...and think....

Sunday we spent the day at the house and the kids played in the baby pool and sprinkler. And by baby pool, I mean
Baby pool- could this thing be any smaller? :)

Somehow they make it work.

Of course the big kids mainly jumped around the wacky sprinkler.

Mr. T sat there for at least an hour.

Such a content baby.

Yesterday we went to Johnny Rockets and Bass Pro Shop. Then last night the kids and Marc took Zaza and Grandpa exploring to see the woods behind the house. Here's Grandpa surveying the property....

And here they are exploring the creek- they had to break up a dam that Marky had made earlier.

It was such a wonderful weekend. Today we were back to normal and I have to write this story down so I can remember. This morning we went to the YMCA and Tucker cried a little when I dropped him in the playroom. They said that after I left he crawled (while crying) over to Marky and climbed up into his lap and stopped crying while Marky held him a while. So precious. After the Y we went to the mall and while I was getting some clothes for the kids at Crazy 8's they watched the show on TV with Tucker in the stroller. When I went back there- this is what I saw- Tucker back in his favorite spot- big brother's lap. I love that they love each other so much and that big brother can bring so much comfort to little guy.
4 comments:
Hi Donna. Thanks for sharing your beautiful weekend with us! There's nothing like the love of siblings! Another beautiful gift of homeschooling :) Love, Lori
Ok, I am crying. I love Marky. He reminds me so much of Hamilton feeling so responsible for his siblings. Looks like Tucker was a big hit with the inlaws. Glad you had such a fun weekend.
Donna,
I'm dying to see the new house, and so envious of your yard and porch! It looks fabulous! And I love how sweet Marky is with Tucker...so precious! Miss y'all!
you didn't tell me tucker was walking!! AHHHHH!! and clearly he's allowing others to be near him again (not just you)..so I need to hold that chunk again soon. i'm just saying...love those kids. that pic of julia crying while getting her hair cut made me laugh out loud.
Post a Comment