Friday, July 30, 2010

Artist in Residence







Today Marky walked in and showed me this drawing in his art notebook (a book he made himself by stapling white computer paper together). I was so impressed and asked him what in the world it was, and he said "the Egyptian Cinderella". I had no idea what he meant until he ran in the kitchen and brought me this book that was sitting on the counter that had come yesterday in a big box with all of his history curriculum. I have to say- it's a pretty good likeness isn't it?








8 comments:

Christy Jordan said...

That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...the bird on the book's cover looks ready to take on the world...the bird on Marky's rendition looks like it just said.."hmph."

he's so talented.

Kris and Stacey said...

Frame it!!!!! That is amazing!!!!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Wow, that's impressive! You do have a little artist in your house.

Lori said...

Got to love it! That's homeschooling at its best! You provide the atmosphere and they just flourish! You're doing a great job, Donna! Love, Lori

--Shelley said...

i love it. shana's comment made me laugh, as usual

Aunt Amber said...

Wow!!! That is amazing!!! Dear Lord... let him have my talent, but not the artist nonsense! :-) Marky... want a company? :-) I love you!!! (The picture is realllllly amazing!!! Kinda scary talent!!)
Love Aunt Amber

The Parrish's said...

Wow! I love it! I especially love how the little bird is upside down:) He's very good:)