Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy thoughts today

Tucker: Today he correctly identified all 26 letters of the Alphabet- he's 20 months old! Way to go little buddy!

Sissy: I thought she hadn't eaten her hot dog and was testing her...
Mommy: Did you eat your hot dog?
Sissy: Yes, ma'am.
Mommy: (Not believing her)...well then where is it?
Sissy: (looking confused)...I don't know, I put it in my mouth and now it's lost. :)
Little angel HAD eaten her hot dog and now I'd confused her.

Reverend Marky: Today we were reading from this book (which is when Tucker proved he knew his letters). We got to "S" for "Star of Bethlehem". As soon as I said, "Star of Bethlehem", Marky said, "there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab". I just stared at him and said, "where did you hear that?" He said, "you know, it was Balaam's prophecy". (Insert blank stare from dumbfounded mommy). "Remember, that library book we got a while back- that's where I read it."
I tell you this child amazes me every day.

Hubby: Tonight I had a meeting at church and Marc had a Board of Directors meeting and we had to get a sitter for the kids. Instead of going home after our meetings we met each other at a restaurant and had nachos and drinks at 9:00. A last-minute date night- what a treat!

3 comments:

BB said...

Hip, hip, hooray on the spontaneous date night! Love the kiddie stories, so proud of them all. Having said that, one of the three has my personality. She's the one you might label "flighty". Where DID that hotdog go after she ate it? I'm still wondering that myself ;)
I'll bet if I asked Marky, he could give me a detailed description of the digestive system, and Tucker could spell it. Sissy and I will smile, but still may not know!

--Shelley said...

i seriously think marky has a photographic memory. that is ridiculous. but then again your memory is pretty much off the charts too. all of them are so precious.

holly said...

ok, so I bought a puzzle w/ big knobs and made sure Eli could do that after I saw the video of tucker doing his. Now I have to teach him the dang alphabet??!! Seriously, I think my kids are smart until I hear what your kids are doing. I'm going to have to stop reading your blog...ha!