My blog is getting boring. I know it, feel free to quit checking in. :) Turns out I don't have the time or energy to write the "deeper thoughts" down that I have during the day, and truth be told, a lot of times I worry you will freak out b/c they are "too Catholic" anyway. I know that's silly- it's my blog I shouldn't worry about reactions, but I'm being honest here. For instance, are you scared that we celebrated Our Lady of Sorrows feast day last night with a beautiful prayer/song service and meal at church? :) Don't worry we don't just remember the 7 sorrows of Mary, we remember the 7 joys as well. Having a great week- Marky's in flag football, Julia's in ballet (which is precious now that it's at a church- to see your little angel walk in on her toes to "worthy is the Lamb"is priceless). They both take homeschool science and art classes so we stay out and about more than you'd think. Julia is still letting Marky dress her up (over her jammies) into all type of warriors. It's fierce around here.
Well, not EVERYONE is a warrior. There's little brown eyes and his sweet self. I attach this picture below to 1.) remember how precious he has been this summer in his blue alligator crocs (his favorite shoes) and 2) remind myself that I will not be attending story time at the library anymore. :) (His name tag is from the library). Turns out story time is great for kids who like to sit still with their mamas. Not little one-year-old boys who run away from their mamas while laughing.
Lastly, I want to add that I've become and e-bay shopper like crazy! I think I'd forgotten e-bay existed. I bought 39 of the Great Illustrated Classic books the other day for less than $2 a book! They came in yesterday and Marky has already read "The Count of Monte Christo" and as I type this he is reading "Jungle Book" on the couch. I also got some Madeline movies and a 9 ft. tall Christmas tree for the foyer. That's right-Mama is shoppin'!!! I will try to share something actually interesting soon- I'm sorry this has become such a scrapbook- it's just where I am in life now.




7 comments:
ummm... i want to buy those books too please! send me an email with the info if you can. and i hear ya about the blog. i feel the same way! but i love reading your crazy catholic stuff:). hope you guys have a good weekend.
Don't worry.... we're not scared of Catholics around these parts. Your love for Jesus is so obvious and I find such beauty in the reverence. So bring it on. :) And your little angels are just too cute. And I, too, have discovered that ebay can be a homeschool mama's best friend. :)
i find your blog perfectly interesting! and can't get enough Catholic if you ask me ;) p.s. Tadd started RCIA Monday. We appreciate prayers for the process!
Donna, you better stop apologizing! I love to look in on you and your family. What precious little ones you have! I am in the same stage of life so consider me interested.
oh get over yourself. :) everyone loves you.
I enjoy seeing your sweet family. You are not boring. (How pathetic I must be getting enjoyment from other peoples families) Please feel free to post your "Catholic" thoughts, I would love to hear them. Thanks for your weekly posts.
God Bless,
Robin Duke
that top pic of julia bug is by far my absolute favorite of her. PWECIOUS!!
Post a Comment