Friday, June 24, 2011

VBS 2011- Growing with the Saints

What a fun week the kids had at VBS. This year's theme was Growing with the Saints in Faith, Hope and Love. They learned about a different saint each day including St. Brigid, St. Juan Diego, St. Martin de Porres, St. Nicholas and Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha. Today was the finale and they were so precious and sang all the sweet songs. We knew Marky would sing and perform, but I wondered how Sissy would do. To our delight she knew every word and motion and was precious.
June 2011 141

June 2011 146

June 2011 149

June 2011 151

June 2011 153

June 2011 154

These precious older men from our parrish were kind enough to dress up as St. Martin de Porres, St. Juan Diego and St. Nicholas-

June 2011 156

The cheering section, "I see Bubba, I see Sissy"....

June 2011 148

I know you want to be up there, Buddy- just wait a couple years and it will be your turn.

June 2011 143

St. Nicholas ornament craft-

June 2011 157

June 2011 158

After lunch with Daddy we are home and relaxing with arts and crafts while baby brother sleeps- thank you, Lord, for a wonderful week.

June 2011 160

June 2011 161

1 comment:

holly said...

precious! I'll have to tell you all about our VBS too. It was awesome. They studied the sorrowful mysteries and focused on one each day. Alex came home with the best info everyday. We've got to get Totus Tuus to B'ham!!!