
I'm glad these words are blurry and you can't read the lyrics to "Creep" by TLC...

Holly and I did several duets including "Tell Him" (sorry Lindsey- I know that's your song) where we did our best Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand impressions. We also did "Leather and Lace" by Don Henley and Stevie Nicks- I mean is that the best song or what?- and some "Love Can Build a Bridge" by the Judds. I was also able to showcase my DEAD-ON (this fact is indisputable) Tina Turner (We don't need another hero) and Shakira (Whenever, Wherever) and Reba McIntire (Fancy) impressions. Holly, who is an actual singer, did all her songs perfectly including "What a Man" by salt-n-peppa. Marc jumped in with "Who you gonna call- Ghostbusters", "Devil went down to Georgia", "My girl likes to party all the time", "Whomp, there it is" and finally "Arms wide Open" so he could do his Creed impersonation.

Mr. Tad, who like Holly, can actually sing- did "Come Monday" and "Caught in a Trap"-two awesome songs. He also took a turn cuddling our audience- Charlie. The other kids came and danced a lot as well and even took a turn singing.

All this to say- what I thought would be awkward and embarrassing was, in fact, fun and hilarious. Lesson learned and




5 comments:
How fun...oh to have been a fly on the wall!
When you cheered together, I knew that if you and Holly were side by side there would be hilarity at some point to ensue. Yes, never forget, these girls cheered for the AISA State Champion Mobile Christian Leopards. Ta-dow!
Tad does Elvis? Be still my heart!
Sounds like fun!
I so wish I could've been there!! Thanks again to Holly for the invite...I'm sure I would've added something of the mix..."push it." I'm just saying...
"yo yo yo, you make me happy..you come here give me a kiss..better make it fast before I'm gonna get.."
well. you know.
uhh, hilarious that you think tadd and I can "really sing!!" We've simply had a few years practice on the microphone. You could take "Fancy" to the X Factor! We had a blast. Shana, you'll have to wait on Push it for a night when kiddos are not here. I mean, seriously, we didn't know how bad some of the songs we listened to were! We had to beep out some words. These are the times you wish Donna's kids weren't so dang smart, so they couldn't read the lyrics on the screen...yikes!
I shed a tear over me being replaced as Celine!! I'm ok with it this one time, I guess, but let's not make it a regular thing! I love that y'all get to hang & be friends & sing karaoke, but it sure did make me miss our karaoke parties! No wine needed for this one! Glad y'all had fun & the house looks great! Can't wait to see it all!
Post a Comment