Friday, September 30, 2011

We're having a great week. Monday was Little Flowers Club, Wednesday was story time at the library for Tucker (who LOVES it), and Thursday we got to go to the Children's Theatre production of Cinderella. It was really precious. I ended up having to take Tucker with us at the last minute and while he squirmed like a wild man and kept running on stage while waiting for it to start, he was quiet and totally focused during the actual play. At one point I was rocking Charlie's bucket seat with one hand, holding onto Tucker in my lap with the other and Julia says, "Can I please sit on your lap?" She sat on Tucker's lap while he was on my lap for a while. That's how I get life done- multi-multi-tasking. :)

That afternoon BB's only sister, Aunt Judy, came to visit from Illinois to meet Charlie! When her plane landed she met two of her long-lost 3rd cousins for lunch and they came with her when she came to the house. I'd never met them before- they were wonderful.

parrish cousins

Sweet Aunt Judy brought presents for everyone including an engraved silver cup for Charlie. He also got lots of snuggles-
aunt judy charlie sept 29 2011

Sissybug got three soft puppies (all named "Sunflower" according to Sissy) and a soft puppy house- she was so excited! She kept saying "Can BB's sister put me to bed? Can BB's sister read me a story?"

julia puppies

Cubscout Marky got a mini-game of Simon which he loved- (he is looking so grown up to me lately.

marky boy scout

Silly Tuck Tuck kept us entertained and loved his Thomas toys-

tucker high chair

Tuck Tuck Thomas toys

I also started (literally...I'm leading) a new monthly Bible Study Wednesday night. It's on the Wisdom Literature in the Bible- we have 18 people signed up- I'm excited! Here's the first bit of truth I'm pondering-



Wisdom is sharing in God's ability to see and judge things as they really
are. ...


Only if we let ourselves be cleansed of the corruptibility of the "I"
and come thus gradually to live by God, to be united with God, do we come to a
true inner freedom of judgment, to a fearless independence of thinking and
deciding,that no longer cares about the approval or disapproval of others but
clings to the truth. ... It cannot take place without the suffering of the
vine that is pruned. But it makes possible the only form of power that leads, not
to slavery, but to freedom.


Pope Benedict XVI (Cardinal Ratzinger), Principles of
Catholic Theology

2 comments:

Lori said...

Amen Sister!

BB said...

Love this post! So glad sweet Sis got to visit, and it's even more amazing that our 3rd cousins were there as well.
When we grew up in SE Alabama, we thought all cousins were the same. No first, second, third. Those girls' Dad and Mom were "Uncle Dell and Aunt Blanche" to us. I didn't know until I was a big kid that Uncle Dell was actually Mama's first cousin. Not an uncle at all!