Friday, November 4, 2011

This and That and Charliehorse

Have you seen my boyfriend? He really thinks I'm funny-

October 2011 241

Everytime he smiles at me I say, "Thank you, I love you too..."

October 2011 243

Because he tells me everything I need to know with those big, brown eyes-

October 2011 244

And I already know he's going to be a thinker....

October 2011 246

In other news- I have a movie rec to pass on- OCTOBER BABY by the Erwin brothers. Please go out and support this movie- it's supposed to be awesome and expresses the dignity and beauty of every life. And it was filmed locally to boot.

Do NOT go see Footloose. And whatever you do- don't let your kids see it. Yuck.

And- we are experimenting now with "Once Upon a Time" on ABC- they had me when they said, "FROM THE WRITERS OF LOST". I mean, Lost was amazing- surely they can do it again? So far I've seen one and a half episodes and I'm liking what I see. Too soon to recommend it, but let me know if you are watching too. :)

I noticed tonight that at least three or four times a week I open a giant can of fruit cocktail, pears or pineapple slices and put them on the kids' plates beside the real meal. I think when my kids are grown they will see a can of fruit and think of home. :) Not sure that's what I want them to remember about my "cooking". :)

2 comments:

BB said...

I'm smiling back at my beautiful little boy!
He's gonna LOVE HIS BB!!!!!

Jackie said...

I'm watching "Once Upon A Time" and LOOOOOVING it. Granted, I'm a sucker for a fairy tale, especially one with a new twist. And LOST is one of my all time faves. So far, so good.

Speaking of fairy tales...here's a book rec. "Telling the Truth: The Gospel as Tragedy, Comedy, and Fairy Tale" by Frederick Buechner. So good. I just love the way he writes.