Wednesday, May 2, 2012

9 months in, 9 months out

Well Charlie had his 9-month checkup today.  He's now been out of my tummy as long as he was in it!   :)  His stats are no surprise- he is still off the charts for height- but he's actually pulling farther from the chart.  The doctor said, "well he's never been on the charts and now he's running away from it".  :)   He's off the charts for head circumference as well- you know that's a big old noggin.  His weight is ON the chart- I knew he was skinny- in the 95%.  :) 
For the first time, I had to fill out a questionnaire about his development.  I guess with the autism epidemic they are doing these things routinely as a precaution.  As I filled it out and said "yes" to all the "can he" questions my heart broke, and I hurt for all the moms who had to circle "no" to those questions.  I thought about the fear that they must feel.  Seeing your child in pain is just unbearable, and the mothers who bear it with such faith, grace and fortitude are my heroes.  
Charlie, at 9 months you are large and in charge.  You are still the sweetest baby and we still say if you were any easier you'd be a stuffed animal.  You crawl all over the house now and are good at entertaining yourself.  I can tell you are not going to let me hold you much longer.  You want to go, go, go just like Marky did.  I feed you your morning bottle and then it's wiggle-wiggle-put-me-down and you are off.  You pull up to standing and have stood many times without holding onto anything.  Yesterday you pushed the walker wagon a bit in the playroom.  I would like to remind you that I had a baby because I wanted a BABY.  Please quit growing up so fast. 

IMG_4188

Your serious, scientist look- "Does the law of thermodynamics prevent my bottle from spontaneously refilling?"

IMG_4189

Your "I see you Mommy and am going to show you how sweet I am" moment-

IMG_4190

Your "I love you Mommy and I think you are hilarious" moment-

IMG_4191

The doctor asked what you were eating and I said everything.  You get a lot of food down to your baby tummy for a guy with only four teeth.  And you are saying "dada" and "hey dah" (hey there) now quite regularly.  You still sleep like a log from 7:30 to 7:30 and take two naps a day- the afternoon one lasting around 3 hours.  You wear a sleep sack and have a paci and hug your Peter Rabbit bunny and your white lamb.  Your unique trait that the others didn't have is your "happy legs"- you pump your legs when you are  happy.  When I walk in the kitchen and you are in the high chair or if you are in the car seat and I turn around- those legs get to pumpin- "happy legs, happy legs, happy legs", we say.  :)  And if you are standing and see somebody you bounce up and down over and over laughing.  That move is called the hunkity hunk.  You are sweet as pie and the apple of all our eyes.   I love you Charliebear.  Thank you for coming to us!

3 comments:

BB said...

Bb's "big ole, Big Ole" boy! So sweet, so wonderful.
Thank you, Lord, for these 9 months with our angel boy!

Lori said...

What a gift God has given ya'll and to the world!

The Parrish's said...

So precious...I don't think I realized ours were only a month a half difference. This makes me sad:( I think I see another tooth coming in!! He's so cute!