Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Minime

I have a minime in this house and it's not my daughter (although everyone tells me she is).  :)  Marky talks JUST like me and it cracks us all up.  Everyday he says something hilarious and Marc looks at me and says, "this is because he hangs out with his crazy mother all day." :)

Examples of things he says:

Julia is watering that grass like nobody's business. 

Those balloons went every whichaway. 

Well, if that isn't the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Let's get to gettin'. 

And when something awkward happens he says, and with that I bid you adieu. 

Daily I hear "Geez Louise" or "Unbelievable" (that one's Daddy's) when he's frustrated. 

He also adds "Ya'll" in inappropriate places in a song just like I do when I'm being funny.  "Good King Wenceslas looked out, ya'll, on the Feast of Steven." 

He also does quote marks with his hands all the time.  A friend told me that at church one Sunday Marky told him, "Mommy is in the car and Daddy went to get Tucker because (BIG QUOTE GUESTURES) her shoes hurt her feet (END QUOTE GUESTURES)."

When BB was telling Julia not to do something and Julia did it anyway Marky nodded his head no and told her, "BB, it's like spitting in the wind."

And his favorite station on the radio is 50s.  He loves Chuck Berry and Sam Cooke the best and even told me he may give up 50s music for Lent next year (you know you don't want to get too attached).

You don't know the gestures and things you do until you have someone to parrot you.  I apparently say "awesome" all the time and had no idea.   I have had to change a lot of what I say.  Although I never cursed it doesn't sound right hearing "Oh Shanaynay" coming from a kid when I slam on breaks (which is what I used to say) and I don't say "junk" when I drop things anymore.    The good thing is he parrots the good stuff as well as the quirky.  I hear him say all the time, "What does it profit a man..." when we see an example of someone choosing the world over Christ in a book or show.  I just love my little parrot.  Lord, make me a good example. 

3 comments:

BB said...

Love it! I learned that with you, and am learning it again through my grands.
I recognize you saying most everything you mention Marky as saying.
He says it sweet, with humor, and a glint in his eye to see if you are realizing he's being funny.
He is, and he we do ;)

holly said...

ok, hi-lar-i-ous! I was taking Alex and his 2 buddies out for fro yo tonight and his friend asked me to turn it to 90s on 9. It cracked me up and I told him that 90s music was horrible (although I sing all of the songs at the top of my lungs). Anyho, the point of this story is that I told the boys about Marky wanting to give up 50s on 5 for Lent. We all got a a good laugh from that. He is precious as are you.

Lindsey said...

too funny. love it. i think it's a great thing to have another little guy in the world with your sense of humor! i know i haven't been commenting as much but i'm always so encouraged and blessed by reading about your sweet family. pointing me to Jesus always!