Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to school....back to the zoo...

Well the schools started this week, which means the crowds have thinned down at our favorite things to do and we are back in business.   (I promised we'd go back when school started).  :)  My poor kids didn't go to the zoo at all during the summer- I just don't do crowds or chaos.  I realized that Julia has picked that up as today as we pulled in and there were several cars and Julia said, "this is going to be too crowded- we just can't do this."  Wonder where she's heard that?  :)  Fortunately she was wrong and there was no crowd at all and the weather was beautiful!

Watching the sea lions frolic-
IMG_0389

IMG_0393

IMG_0390

IMG_0397

IMG_0398

IMG_0399

Charlie "on the phone"-
IMG_0400

Marky's taller than an orangutan....
IMG_0402

Charlie in a 'toy' termite mound-  :)
IMG_0392

I have to say, I still love homeschooling so much.  Before we left to have lunch at the zoo we did math, handwriting, grammar, writing, reading, Latin, science, poetry and Religion.  Then we did the zoo, came home and read from our history books, and now they are in the driveway with the neighborhood kids riding bikes and scooters, while Charlie and Tucker can take long naps.  No homework, no stress.  I don't know how long we'll do it- but for now it's working great.

No comments: