Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weekly update

I was on such a good roll with this blog and now I've slowed down.  Back on the horse!

This week has been focused on getting my school year together.  I've bought tickets for the children to tons of theater shows, a ballet, two symphony performances, as well as a TON of other field trip opportunities.  I've signed up for weekly art and ballet classes, monthly science labs, and Marky auditioned for (and got a spot in) Birmingham Boys Choir.  Because of his knee surgery we can't play sports this fall so we decided to give it a try after his VBS song leader thought he'd be a good fit for it.  I've ordered a host of history books, math books, and an online religion and Latin curriculum.  I've gotten Sissybug several fall outfits and dresses and Marky got his new Cub Scout uniform and accompanying handbook today as well as new pants and jeans because he keeps getting taller and taller.  It feels so good getting squared away.

Today we got caught at the outlets in a HORRIBLE thunder storm and Julia just sat in the food court with her hands on her ears saying fearfully "we should have never come have come here.  Why did you bring us here?"  (the answer:  because I like swingy Osh Kosh tops on Sissy and they have a covered playground).  :)

IMG_0324 IMG_0323

After loud thunder Tucker jumped into my lap and screamed "Mommy!  Marky, Julia and Charlie are scared!  Hold me!"
I said, "are you scared?
"No, ma'am."  :)



IMG_0315 IMG_0319

It's funny....Charles didn't seem scared....

IMG_0326

It's okay Charlie- it's just a storm it will pass....
IMG_0325

Thank you for being strong, Little fella...

IMG_0327

During baby boy nap time today the children and I watched Hans Brinker- an old timey Disney movie set in Holland.  It was SO well done and SO beautiful and SO wholesome- such a TREAT!   I highly recommend it!  Marky had read the Great Illustrated Classic version of the book several times so I kept saying "what happens?" and he'd say "wait and see..."  :)   If you can find it try to watch it!

3 comments:

BB said...

Love this!
A day in your life just makes me need to sit down and rest a bit. Whew!
Good thing Charlie kept a stiff upper lip during the storm. Atta boy keeping up a brave face for his fam.!

Lindsey said...

i know the feeling of getting "squared away'! always encouraged reading your posts about homeschooling!

Merrill said...

We loved listening to the audio book of Hans Brinker. An amazing story.